I thought it would be helpful to create a Fructose Malabsorption Resource page that you can come to for all the best Fructose Resource around the web. As I discover more interesting and helpful resources, I’ll add them along the way. Enjoy!
Best Fructose Malabsorption Books
- The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet: A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders (by Sue Shepherd PhD and Peter Gibson MD).
- The Low-FODMAP Cookbook: 100 Delicious, Gut-Friendly Recipes for IBS and other Digestive Disorders (by Dianne Benjamin).
- Flavor without FODMAPs Cookbook: Love the Foods that Love You Back (by Patsy Catsos)
Fructose Food Lists Search Engines/Apps
- The Farting Pear: A web based search engine that provides ratings of foods for levels of fructose. This site provides a really helpful guide to what foods you can eat, based upon comments and ratings of other fructose sufferers.
- Monash University (Melbourne Australia): the leading fructose malabsorption research occurs at Monash Uni and they have provided a table with the foods that are HIGH in FODMAPS and suggested alternative LOW fodmap foods.
Fructose Academic Research
- Clinical Ramifications of Malabsorption of Fructose and Other Short-chain Carbohydrates:
- Sugar Profiles of Maple Syrup: This study took a look at the varying degrees of fructose/glucose ratio found in different brand varieties of Maple Syrup. The study suggests that the notion that the glucose/fructose ratio is close to equal may not be true for every grade of syrup.